Copyright © 2013
generated in 0.0042s
Most games we receive have accumulated a great deal of dirt and grime over their
20 year or so history. As collectors we take great pride in refurbishing and
cleaning up the arcade games that we sell and making them "gameroom ready". We
carefully shop out each and every game before we make it available for sale.
Every game that we sell has been thoroughly tested and is 100% working before
it leaves our hands. (On occasion we will sell a game "as-is" and we will
clearly state that in the description of the game.) Here's a list of things we
typically do to each video game before it is sold:
Please keep in mind that most of these arcade games are 20 years old and at
one point each game was placed in a real arcade. As such, they have accumulated
some physical flaws such as minor scratches, dings, etc. We try to restore our
games to the best possible condition, but you should expect your game to have
some cosmetic defects from age--not all that different than antique furniture.
- Clean the inside of each game.
- Thoroughly clean the outside of each game.
- Remove and clean the control panel. This includes cleaning the control panel and
buttons, as well as all switches and controls. In many cases we'll replace
buttons with new ones.
- Clean the monitor screen, monitor glass and marquee.
- Most games will have a new monitor installed. For games that don't come with a new
monitor, we service all original video game monitors to improve the picture quality. This
typically entails removing the monitor and replacing all suspect electric
components with new ones. This is sometimes referred to as a "cap kit".
- Replace any non-working lights, including the coin door light bulbs, lights
behind the marquee and any other lights on the game.
- Replace the locks on the coin door and coin door box.
- Ensure that all components (such as the game board, power supply and monitor)
are properly mounted, wired correctly and working fine.
- Set the game on free play or install a "coin-up" switch. (If you need the coin
mechansim to operate because this game will be set on pay mode, please tell us.)
- Finally and most importantly, we play test all of the games to ensure that
everything is working correctly. Everything is tested including the credit
switches, joysticks, buttons, game board and monitor.
In the description of each game, we try to point out any major flaws, and we
provide several pictures of the game. Our goal is to make sure that you are
happy with your authentic arcade machine. If you have any questions about the
game that you are interested in purchasing, by all means ask us. We're happy to
take more pictures, describe what was restored on the game, or just give you
general information about that particular game.
All sales are final, no returns or exchanges.
You can read about the
our 30 day waranty here.
|All of the games that we have available are listed on our site. Don't see what you're looking for? Try the FindGame service...